Pooja room design as per Vastu plan is necessary for any home as designing a pooja room as per Vastu Shastra attracts positive energy. Honestly, our astrologers often get so many questions like, Where should the mandir be placed in the home? In which direction should the idols of God face? etc. So, we decided to plot this article to answer all such questions once and for all.
A pooja room in every home, even today, is made with utmost precision while keeping the right directions in mind. However, owing to culture the shift and space crunch, especially in the metropolitan cities, people sometimes try to place God’s idols wherever they find the space, which is a wrong habit.
Like everything else in the home needs to be placed as per the Vastu shastra, similarly, there is an ideal space for the pooja room too. And this blog here will detail the best Pooja room vastu tips, that will add to the peacefulness of your home.
Here are 32 Pooja Room Vastu Tips that will assure you home is full of positive vibes:
1. The best direction for the pooja room in a home is the northeast direction. Also, one should always be facing the north or northeast direction while praying to God. This placement of the pooja room is to allow you an abundance of positivity and the right kind of vibes.
2. However, in case the northeast direction is not available due to any reason, one can also consider the east or the north direction of the home.
3. The pooja room should never be in the south direction of the home. If you are out of the east, north or northeast direction, choose west but not south.
4. Besides the south, make sure the pooja room is not in the bedroom, under a staircase or adjacent to the bathroom wall. Such positions can hinder positivity.
5. As per vastu shastra, it would be best if the pooja room is on the ground floor of the home.
6. Make sure the doors of the pooja room open out in the north or the east direction.
Some people consider placing multiple God idols in the pooja room and then there are some who just consider placing one. Nevertheless, for all of them to know, besides the right position of the pooja room, it is in one’s best interest if they place God’s idol facing the right direction of the room as well. For example:
7. The portrait or idol of Lord Ganesha and Shiva must face the northeast direction.
8. The favourable direction for Lord Ram idol or portrait is the east direction.
9. Placing Lord Krishna in the west direction of the home ensures prosperity and good health.
10. Goddess Lakshmi and Durga must occupy the northeast direction of the home. Southeast direction is also favourable for keeping the portrait of Maa Lakshmi and Kali.
11. Placing the idol of Devi Kali in the south direction can bring prosperity.
Lord Hanuman, as per Vastu shastra, must face the south or southeast direction.
12. Meanwhile, Kul Devi/Devat must sit in the northwest direction.
Moreover, the idols of God must be kept a few inches away from the wall. Also, the idols must not be sitting on the ground but on a platform made of marble.
Pooja room too has become subject to the instinct of people when it comes to interior designing. And honestly, there is nothing wrong with it. However, even when designing the pooja room, some tips could be kept in mind for favourable pooja room vastu.
13. It is in the best interest if one constructs a pooja room using wood and marble. Or, if not the whole room, at least the platform the God sit on must be of marble or wood.
14. The door of the pooja room must have two shutters made of wood. It is very auspicious if the door has old school carvings.
15. Any kind of cupboard for storing pooja related things should be in the south or west of the pooja ghar.
16. Make sure the pooja room is designed in a way that the idols inside don’t face each other whatsoever.
17. The lamp, agni kund or any such things must find its place in the southeast direction.
18. Using utensils made of copper is highly auspicious as copper is to absorb the positive energies.
19. Another of the vastu tips for pooja room is to try to have proper ventilation in the pooja room.
20. Make sure the pooja room is always well lit. If not lights, use diyas or lamps to add soothing aesthetics to the pooja room.
21. The diyas must always be placed on the right side of the person performing the pooja.
22. When it comes to colouring your pooja room, lucky colours for pooja room are white, light blue, yellow or other subtle soothing shades are good vastu colours for the pooja rooms.
23. Kalash or water body should be placed in the north or the east of the room.
For the one who owns a flat, it’s understandable that one can’t always make adjustments in the same as per their plans. So they have a relay on a whole different set of vastu tips for a pooja room. Thankfully, we have got you covered there too.
24. If you wish to place the pooja ghar in the kitchen or living room, always make sure it is in the northeast direction.
25. Though it is not a good idea to place the pooja mandir in the bedroom, however, due to any reasons if you are doing so, make sure it is, again, in the northeast direction.
26. Wherever you place the idols, make sure your legs are not facing in that direction.
We have been listing out many vastu tips for house to attract positive energy. Now, let’s have a look at things we must not do to ensure the right vastu for the pooja room.
27. Never use dry flowers in the pooja room.
28. Don’t use the pooja room as your storage room. Only store pooja related things in the same.
29. Broken idols of God must not be placed in the pooja room.
30. Un-auspicious things like things made of animal skin, leather or any such items must not be used in the pooja room.
31. Avoid inundating the pooja room with paintings that showcase war scenes or anything that can spew a negative emotion in a person
32. Don’t leave the pooja room out of light. Use artificial lights in the night time and if possible, let the natural light enter the room during the day.
Where to place the mandir in a house facing east?
In a house that is facing the east direction, it is best to place the pooja room in the north or east corner. This will ensure you are facing the right direction while praying.
Where to place the mandir in a house facing north?
For a house facing the north direction, the ideal location for placing the mandir is in the house is the northeast. This position of the mandir will ensure you are facing either the north or east direction while praying.
Where to place the mandir in a house facing south?
The ideal direction to place a mandir in a house that faces south is any bit south. For the unaware, the south direction is ruled by Yama, or the God of death.
What happens when we position the pooja room in the wrong direction?
The ill effects of erecting the pooja room in the wrong direction could vary. However, mostly, a pooja room in the wrong direction brings bad luck and restrains growth.
For more information on transits, horoscope, numerology and more, follow us on Instagram.
Choose your and your partner's zodiac sign to check compatibility
Get free Aries daily horoscope prediction today online from the best astrologer. Read your Aries Zodiac Sign horoscope today!
Generate your free online kundli report from Astrotalk. Our Kundli software can help you predict the future for yourself by reading the birth chart.