Ketu is a shadow planet in the south node of the moon, whereas in Vedic Astrology it holds a very significant meaning because it signifies isolation, seclusion, introvertedness, solitary confinement and so on. Ketu is headless which makes him not see the world the way other planets see it. For him, the darkness is the light. It represents all the things that the native has already accomplished in the past life so he won’t obsess over them in this life.
Ketu imparts spiritual tendencies and non-attachment to the worldly desires and ambitions. It is also a half-planet that bestows the native certain psychic abilities and makes them master the creative aspects of life along with bringing wisdom and the knowledge of the self to the native
In case, you don’t already know where Ketu is placed in your Birth Chart, Click here to make your free Kundli and come right back to know how it affects you and your whole life.
Read further to find out how the planet of mysteries, detachments and hardships affects your life.
Ketu in 1st House-
- The first house or Ascendant is the house of self. It is associated with the overall personality of the native, both in the inner and the outer shell. Basically the head of the person, physical appearance, character, temperament, strengths and weaknesses are represented by this house.
- Ketu in ascendant gives the native a dynamic and magnetic personality. These people like to travel a lot to fulfil their sense of adventure in life.
- If Ketu is well-aspected in this house, it makes the native hard working, wealthy and blessed. But he is always concerned and anxious because of his children.
- The native should keep himself away from the bad company. There’s also tendency that the native might become self- centred and greedy at times. An afflicted Ketu in the 1st house might also affect native’s health and stamina.
Ketu in 2nd House-
- The second house in Vedic astrology is mainly concerned with the immediate family and possessions with the native. Along with the native’s earning skills and capacity. Speech and intake of food are also seen from this house as it represents the throat.
- If Ketu is well aspected in this house of native’s Kundali, it makes the native a well-informed and knowledgeable person. These are the people who tend to have a way with word and are quite expressive.
- However, in the case of afflicted Ketu in this position, it might bring about problem in learning things and speech disorders like stammering etc.
- Ketu itself is the planet of detachments. Its presence in the second house might make the native detach from its immediate family. These people are likely to struggle to have a good relationship with their family.
Ketu in 3rd House-
- The third house is associated with self-expression, siblings, relative, neighbours and native’s immediate environment. Plus, it also signifies Native’s courage, short trips or running errands etc.
- Ketu usually shows favourable results to the native when positioned in the 3rd house. The native tends to be renowned, wealthy and successful in his life.
- Travelling for the native proves to be fruitful and productive. Hence, they get to travel a lot and are likely to have good earnings from it. The native also likes to take part in spiritual and religious activities so that he could attain fame and name in those fields.
- Although, when in case of afflicted Ketu in this house, it complicates the native’s bond with its siblings. There’s also a tendency that the native might have to spend on a legal complication with his siblings.
- It can also make native’s relationship with his colleagues and associates a little hostile he should give a proper attention in order to preserve a good relationship with the people around.
Ketu in 4th House-
- The Fourth house represents Native’s childhood, mother, motherly love and nourishment, home, real estate, early childhood and the way they’re likely to treat their family.
- With Ketu in the 4th house, there’s a possibility that the native will move away from his native place to a foreign land as Ketu represents detachments and 4th house is the house of home and native places ruled by the moon. And Moon doesn’t share a friendly bond with Ketu.
- Because 4th house also represents mother and motherly love, Health of native’s mother tends to be a matter of concern in native’s life. In some cases, the relation with the mother may also not be very pleasant and warm.
- Other aspects of the 4th house like peace of mind, happiness and matters related to family and property also tend to be a matter of worry in native’s life and should be properly taken care of.
Ketu in 5th House-
- It’s the house of pleasures. This house represents how the native likes to express himself creatively and what they consider as fun. It is also associated with the children, intelligence of a person, the knowledge of politics.
- The native usually has a special inclination towards philosophical learnings. These people have a bent towards matters concerning religions and spirituality. These people might even get involved in research of such subjects.
- Presence of Ketu in the house of mysticism and occult render the native a tendency to bend towards matters concerning occult sciences and in some cases, black magic too.
- Progeny might become one of the concerning issues in the native’s life as it might cause delays in the childbirth or might lead to miscarriages or abortions.
Ketu in 6th House-
- This is the house of conflicts, wars, diseases, enemies. It also indicates the kind of services the native provides for humanity, it describes the way the native is going to be fruitful for the society.
- Placement of Ketu in the 6th house may make the native prone to accidents and injuries. This position might cause lots of obstructions and obstacles in the native’s life.
- Nevertheless, these people have the ability to rise above all the difficulties and attain success through their hard work and sweat.
- If Ketu is badly afflicted in this position, the native might possess an intense attitude too. Such a person can also get involved in any criminal or fishy activity. This is also an inauspicious placement of Ketu for maternal relatives as it might cause a lack of peace and happiness in the family.
Ketu in 7th House-
- 7th house is the house of legal bindings like marriage, business partnership, sexual relationship, laws. It also represents other people, like your public life.
- Ketu’s placement in the 7th house is not considered very auspicious in the Vedic astrology. It can bring about some chances of hardship in the native’s life regarding marriage and partnership.
- The native might have a non-communicative and secretive partner. The marital life of the native might suffer because of certain health issues affecting one’s sexual life.
- There could be frequent conflicts, misunderstandings and arguments between native and his partner which could further lead to separation as Ketu depicts detachments. Besides, there’s also a chance of more than one marriage.
- This placement is as unfavourable to the business partnership as well. There could be conflicts between business partners or the partnership may not flourish and produce profits.
Ketu in 8th House-
- The 8th house in Vedic astrology represents marriage, corporate resources and the property or money inherited. It’s also the house of hidden matters like taxes, occult, mysticism, death and rebirth.
- Placement of Ketu in the eighth house shows a lack of auspiciousness and happiness. Native may face hurdles in earnings and financial matters. However, it shows good results regarding the mystical side of life.
- These people are strongly inclined towards unearthly realms and there is a good likeliness that the native will opt Astrology or occultism as a profession.
- This position also makes the native vulnerable to injuries due to weapons, heat, animals or insects. This person might even undergo some sort of surgeries too. However, they can expect some sudden wealth gains.
Ketu in 9th House-
- 9th house is the house of religion, spirituality, house of your teachers, law and the house of your father. It also signifies long journeys like pilgrimage, fortune and luck.
- Ketu represents inclination towards liberty and freedom. Its placement here in the house of pilgrimages, luck, fortune, spirituality and higher learnings accents that nature of Ketu and the native travel more and more in order to amplify his spiritual and philosophical learnings.
- The native tends to be a very religious person who is dedicated and likes to take their dedication seriously towards their religious beliefs and values.
- This placement, however, Is not considered very favourable for the native’s father as they could face difficulties in their health. The native also might not share a very friendly and warm bond with his father.
Ketu in 10th House-
- In Vedic astrology, 10th house is considered as the house that represents career or profession. It shows if the person will achieve fame and grandness in his life. It is also the house father.
- Presence of Ketu in the house of career, wealth and intelligence makes the native have a deep approach towards his family as well as his life.
- Native has a very strong personality and tend to gain power, good status, and wealth in his life with the well-aspected Ketu in the Kundli. These people have the propensity of acquiring knowledge and they tend to earn a lot of fame throughout their life.
- Having great influence on people can give them an upper hand even to their enemies which help them lead the business. Their temperament nevertheless kind of lack positivity and pessimism.
Ketu in 11th House-
- The 11th house is a strong indicator of sudden wealth and gains. It represents prosperity, sudden income and good wealth. This is also the house that depicts one’s social circle.
- When Ketu is placed in the 11th house, it mostly gives positive and favourable outcomes in the native’s life. It provides the native many sources of income flow and such a person never loses hope in the hardest times.
- The native is likely to be a religious person and with the help of his spirituality and his faith, he has the ability to come out stronger out of difficult times. The person tends to be kind and charitable and most likely to be famous because of his nature and devotion towards his work.
- The native is perfectly suitable for an administration job as they can easily handle any odd situation and may lead the organization strongly.
Ketu in 12th House-
- This is the house of secrets, fears, the subconscious mind and isolated places. It also represents liberation and detachments from the materialistic desires of life and indicates native’s strong inclination towards spirituality.
- This position may bring positive results in a native’s life. Because Ketu is also considered as the natural significator of the 12th house. The person tends to have an introverted personality with a spiritual bent of mind.
- Native is driven towards enlightenment and erudition as their ultimate goal in life. There’s also a tendency that the native might incline towards seclusion as they enjoy isolation and use aloofness at work to maintain focus and avoid drama.
- Presence of Ketu in this house also indicates the tendency of native to develop an interest in the subjects like occult and mystical science. Plus, these people also tend to grow in such fields and become one of the greatest occultists and astrologers with the well aspected Ketu.
This analysis here offers just a little portion of the whole picture, to know more you also need to see the positions of other planets in your horoscope.
Each planet has a distinct impact on you, depending on which house and sign they reside in. So as to seek out where they are located in your natal chart, you can use our free Kundli Maker.
Click here to find out how the planet of deception, insincerity & immorality – Rahu, affects your life.
If you fancy reading about astrology and want to learn more about how to read a birth chart in order to make predictions. Click here.