Durga Ashtami, also known as Maha Ashtami, is one of the most important days of Sharad Navratri. It is the eighth day of the nine-day festival devotees celebrate for Goddess Durga. On this day, devotees offer special prayers and perform rituals to invoke the blessings of the goddess. Many people observe fasts and visit temples to seek her blessings. On this day, the divine power of Goddess Durga is at its peak. Hence, she grants the wishes of her devotees. Know what you should offer the Kanyas on Durga Ashtami 2023.
Also Read: Know The Garba Style For Navratri 2023 As Per Your Zodiac Sign
Durga Ashtami 2023: Date & Shubh Muhurat for Kanya Pujan
For Sharad Navratri in 2023 the Ashtami Tithi will begin at 21:55:15 on October 21, 2023, and it will end at 20:00:57 on October 22, 2023. You can perform Kanya pujan perform other rituals during this period.
Puja rituals to perform on Durga Ashtami 2023
Performing puja rituals on Durga Ashtami in Sharad Navratri is very auspicious. Here are the rituals to perform the puja:
- Clean the puja room thoroughly and decorate it with flowers and rangoli.
- Place the idols or pictures of Goddess Durga, Goddess Lakshmi, Goddess Saraswati, Lord Ganesha, and Lord Kartikeya in the puja room.
- Begin the puja by invoking the Goddess Durga by chanting mantras and ringing the bell.
- In addition, offer flowers, incense sticks, and Diya to the goddess.
- Offer Prasad, which includes fruits, sweets, and other favorite foods of the goddess. Goddess Durga will bless the devotees with prosperity and good health.
- Furthermore, light the camphor and perform aarti in front of the goddess. Sing hymns and bhajans in praise of the goddess.
- Read the Durga Saptashati, which contains 700 verses in praise of the goddess.
- Also, reading the Durga Saptashati will help remove obstacles and negative energy.
- Many devotees observe a strict fast on Durga Ashtami and consume only fruits and water.
- Fasting is a way of purifying the body and mind and seeking the blessings of the goddess.
- Donating to the needy on Durga Ashtami will please the goddess and bring prosperity and good health. Thus, donate food, clothes, or money to the poor and needy.
- On Durga Ashtami, young girls are the manifestation of Goddess Durga. Thus, performing Kanya Pujan is very auspicious.
- Lasty, wash the feet of young girls and offer them food, clothes, and other gifts.
Also Read: Rahu Transit In Pisces 2023: Date, Time & Effects On Each Zodiac Sign
7 Mantras to chant on Maha Ashtami 2023
Chanting mantras on Durga Ashtami is a powerful way to please Maa Durga and seek her blessings. Here are 7 mantras you should chant on Durga Ashtami 2023:
- First Mantra- Om Dum Durgayei Namaha: This mantra invokes the blessings of Maa Durga and seeks her protection.
- Second Mantra- Sarva Mangala Maangalye Shive Sarvaartha Saadhike Sharanye Tryambake Gaurii Naaraayanii Namostute: This mantra is the Mahishasura Mardini Stotram and seek the blessings of Maa Durga to overcome obstacles and challenges.
- Third Mantra- Ya Devi Sarva Bhuteshu Shakti Rupena Samsthita Namastasyai Namastasyai Namastasyai Namo Namah: This mantra is to seek the blessings of Maa Durga to overcome fear and negative energy.
- Fourth Mantra- Om Hrim Dum Durga Devyai Namaha: This mantra is used to seek the blessings of Maa Durga and removes all obstacles and negative energy.
- Fifth Mantra- Om Aim Hrim Klim Chamundaye Vichche: This mantra is the Chamunda Mantra and seeks the blessings of Maa Durga to overcome fear and negative energy.
- Sixth Mantra- Om Shri Durgayai Namaha: This mantra seek the blessings of Maa Durga and brings peace, prosperity, and good health.
- Seventh Mantra- Om Jayanti Mangala Kali Bhadrakali Kapalini Durga Kshama Shiva Dhatri Swaha Swadha Namostute: This mantra seeks the blessings of Maa Durga to overcome obstacles and challenges in life.
Hence, chanting these mantras with devotion and sincerity on Durga Ashtami will please Maa Durga and bring peace, prosperity, and good health to the devotees.
Astrological significance of Durga Ashtami
Durga Ashtami, also known as Maha Ashtami, is a significant day in Sharad Navratri and holds great astrological significance. Thus, according to Hindu mythology, Maa Durga appeared on this day to defeat the demon Mahishasura, symbolizing the triumph of good over evil.
Furthermore, Durga Ashtami is associated with the planet Rahu, which represents materialism and desire. Hence, worshiping Maa Durga on this day can help mitigate the malefic effects of Rahu and bring prosperity, happiness, and success.
Furthermore, the nine-day Navratri festival represents the nine manifestations of Maa Durga, each representing a different aspect of her divine power. Worshipping each form of Maa Durga during the Navratri period bestows blessings related to that particular aspect.
Durga Ashtami is also a day for seeking blessings for the well-being and protection of children. So, devotees perform special pujas, offer bhog and aarti, and recite mantras to seek the blessings of Maa Durga on this day.
Also Read: Know The 9 Colors To Please The Nine Avatars of Goddess Durga On Sharad Navratri 2023
Kanya Pujan on Durga Ashtami 2023
Kanya Pujan, also known as Kumari Puja or Kanjak Pujan, is a significant ritual of Durga Ashtami. Thus, it helps to seek blessings from young girls who are the embodiment of divine feminine power. Here are the steps to perform Kanya Pujan based on your zodiac sign:
- Aries: Offer red clothes, bangles, and sweets to the young girls.
- Taurus: Offer yellow flowers, fruits, and chana dal (split chickpeas) to the young girls.
- Gemini: Offer white sweets, like rasgulla or mithai, and gifts like pencils or books to the young girls.
- Cancer: Offer milk, sweets, and bananas to the young girls.
- Leo: Offer fruits, especially pomegranates, and kesar halwa (saffron sweet dish) to the young girls.
- Virgo: Offer sweets made of semolina or suji, like sooji ka halwa or suji laddoo, to the young girls.
- Libra: Offer white sweets, like kalakand or rasmalai, and gifts like hair clips or bangles to the young girls.
- Scorpio: Offer red clothes, haldi (turmeric), and sweets like peda or barfi to the young girls.
- Sagittarius: Offer besan laddoo (gram flour sweet), chana dal, and fruits to young girls.
- Capricorn: Offer dry fruits, like almonds and cashews, and sweets like kaju katli to young girls.
- Aquarius: Offer fruits, especially guava and papaya, and suji ka halwa to the young girls.
- Pisces: Offer rice kheer (rice pudding) and white flowers to the young girls.
For interesting astrology videos, follow us on Instagram