Bhadrapada Purnima, also known as Pournami or Full Moon Day, is a significant Hindu festival people celebrate on the full moon day of the Bhadrapada month in the Hindu calendar. The day is considered auspicious and is to pray to Lord Vishnu with great devotion and fervor. Hence, observing fast and performing certain rituals on this day can bring prosperity, good health, and spiritual upliftment to the devotees. Know what is the importance of Snan and Satyanarayan Katha on Bhadrapada Purnima 2023.
Also Read: How Does Mars Transit In Libra 2023 Will Effect Each Zodiac Sign?
Date and Tithi for Bhadrapada Purnima 2023
Bhadrapada Purnima in 2023 will be on September 29, 2023. The Purnima tithi will begin at 06:49 PM on September 28, 2023, and it will end at 03:26 PM on September 29, 2023.
Why taking Bhadrapada Snan is auspicious for people?
Bathing in a holy river or a sacred water body is a highly auspicious practice in Hinduism. The Bhadrapada Snan in the sacred water bodies during the Bhadrapada Purnima has immense spiritual and physical benefits for the devotees.
According to Hindu mythology, it is the day when Lord Vishnu incarnated as Vaman. As Vaman, he defeated King Bali, who became very powerful and was causing trouble to the gods. Lord Vishnu asked King Bali for three steps of land. Thus, with his divine powers, he covered the entire universe with just two steps, leaving no space for the third step. King Bali realized his mistake and surrendered to Lord Vishnu, who granted him a boon to rule the netherworld. Thus, taking a bath in the holy rivers on this day can wash away all sins and grant spiritual purity to the devotees.
The Bhadrapada Snan is not only auspicious but is also an important part of many Hindu rituals and traditions. Many devotees bathe in the sacred rivers before starting any important work.
Also Read: Anant Chaturdashi 2023: Date, Puja Vidhi & Festival Importance In Jainism
Benefits of performing Satyanarayan puja on Bhadrapada Purnima 2023
Satyanarayan Puja is a Hindu ritual that devotees organize to seek the blessings of Lord Vishnu, who is also called Satyanarayan. People usually perform this puja on special occasions, such as weddings and housewarming ceremonies. However, performing Satyanaryan puja and Katha on Bhadrapada Purnima is immensely beneficial. Here are some of the benefits of performing Satyanarayan Puja on Bhadrapada Purnima:
- Spiritual Upliftment: The Satyanarayan Puja is highly auspicious and brings spiritual upliftment to the devotees. Thus, by performing this puja with devotion and sincerity, one can seek the blessings of Lord Vishnu. It is so because he grants spiritual enlightenment and purity.
- Prosperity and Wealth: The Satyanarayan Puja also brings prosperity and wealth to the devotees. Hence, by performing this puja, one can seek the blessings of Lord Vishnu, who can bless the devotees with material and financial success.
- Removal of Obstacles: The Satyanarayan Puja also removes all obstacles and brings success in all endeavors. Thus, by performing this puja with devotion, one can overcome all hurdles and achieve success in all aspects of life.
- Protection from Evil: This Puja also protects from evil forces and negative energies. Therefore, by performing this puja, one can seek the blessings of Lord Vishnu, who can protect the devotees from all forms of harm and danger.
- Family Harmony and Unity: The Satyanarayan Puja also promotes family harmony and unity. Thus, if you perform this puja with family members, you can strengthen the bonds of love and affection. Moreover, you can promote unity and harmony among family members.
Also Read: Rishi Panchami 2023: Date, Puja Vidhi & Importance In Jainism
What precautions to take while performing Satyanarayan puja?
Here are some precautions that one should take while performing Satyanarayan Puja on Bhadrapada Purnima:
- It is important to maintain cleanliness and purity while performing Satyanarayan Puja. The place where the puja will occur should be clean and free from dirt and dust.
- Moreover, one should bathe and wear clean clothes before starting the puja. Also, they must purify the room by lighting incense sticks and reciting mantras.
- Ahead, devotees should concentrate on the puja and perform all the rituals with full faith and devotion.
- On Bhadrapada Purnima 2023, one should follow the correct procedure and sequence of the puja. Moreover, you should perform all the rituals with complete dedication and attention.
- With that, devotees should make sure that the ingredients used in the puja are pure and free from any contamination.
- Furthermore, devotees should not touch the idol with dirty hands or feet. Also, they should offer the offerings with great care and attention.
Astrological significance of Bhadrapada Purnima
Bhadrapada Purnima is a significant day in the Hindu calendar. It is the full moon day of the Bhadrapada month and holds great astrological significance. Here are some of the astrological significance of Bhadrapada Purnima:
- Position of Moon: Bhadrapada Purnima is also significant because it is the day when the Moon is at its full strength and energy. The Moon’s position can significantly impact one’s emotional well-being and welcome positivity in one’s life.
- Importance of Bhadrapada month: Bhadrapada month is highly auspicious in the Hindu calendar. Performing spiritual and religious activities during this month can bring about significant changes in one’s life. Moreover, it can help overcome obstacles and challenges.
- Auspicious for marriages: Bhadrapada Purnima is highly auspicious for marriages and new beginnings. Performing spiritual and religious activities on this day can help find a suitable life partner. Also, it can bring happiness and prosperity in one’s married life.
Also Read: Ganesha Chaturthi 2023: Date, Time, Sthapana Rituals & Significance
Havan to perform on Bhadrapada Purnima 2023
Havan, homa, or yagna, is a ritual people perform to seek the blessings of the divine and to purify the environment. Here are some types of havan that you can organize on Bhadrapada Purnima 2023:
- Satyanarayan Havan: Satyanarayan Havan is to seek the blessings of Lord Vishnu in the form of Satyanarayan. Performing this havan on Bhadrapada Purnima can bring spiritual upliftment, prosperity, and success.
- Rudra Havan: Rudra Havan is to seek the blessings of Lord Shiva. This havan is believed to bring about positive changes in one’s life and can help overcome obstacles and challenges.
- Gayatri Havan: Gayatri Havan is to seek the blessings of Goddess Gayatri, who is the embodiment of knowledge and wisdom. This havan enhances one’s intellect and helps in spiritual growth.
- Navagraha Havan: Navagraha Havan is to seek the blessings of the nine planets. Performing this havan can help to mitigate the negative effects of the planets and brings about positive changes in one’s life.
- Saraswati Havan: Saraswati Havan is to seek the blessings of Goddess Saraswati, the embodiment of knowledge, wisdom, and art. This havan enhances one’s creativity and can help in academic and professional success.
It is important to note that the type of havan you perform on Bhadrapada Purnima may vary depending on the individual’s belief and preference. Moreover, consult a priest or a spiritual guide before performing any havan. It is also important to follow the correct procedure and sequence of the havan and to perform the rituals with complete devotion and sincerity.
For interesting astrology videos, follow us on Instagram