Rahu is a shadow planet in the north node of the moon where in Vedic astrology, it holds a very significant meaning because it shows a person’s past life obsession and goals that were uncompleted and they are here to complete those goals in this life. In order to see that, you have to see what sign and degree and house Rahu is in.
Planet Rahu represents taboo-breaking, it represents amplification of things, obsession, something that the native shouldn’t have morally but they want to have it. Rahu is a planet that wants something it can not achieve and that too in the quickest way possible. It wants to take shortcuts in life. Whether it’s through cheating, hard work or complete honesty. Wherever Planet Rahu goes, it wants to be recognised for the things that it’s representing.
In case, you don’t already know where Rahu is placed in your Birth Chart, Click here to make your free Kundli and come right back to know how it affects you and your whole life.
Read further to find out how the planet of deception, insincerity & immorality affects your life.
Rahu in 1st House-
- The first house or Ascendant is the house of self. It is associated with the overall personality of the native, both in the inner and the outer shell. Basically the head of the person, physical appearance, character, temperament, strengths and weaknesses are represented by this house.
- Presence of Rahu in the first house generally provides good results to the native. The native might even give sudden wealth.
- Rahu represents shrewdness and wit, so the native with this placement is blessed with this quality of Rahu. Although, they might be quick-tempered but very sharp-minded and intelligent and are able to achieve a higher position in their work.
- If badly aspected, Native could be very conscious about the way they look and as Rahu likes all the glitter and shimmer, they could be easily manipulated and cheated by the fake razzle-dazzle.
Rahu in 2nd House-
- The second house in Vedic astrology is mainly concerned with the immediate family and possessions with the native. Along with the native’s earning skills and capacity. Speech and intake of food are also seen from this house as it represents the throat.
- Native with this planetary position in their charts yearns to possess things. They have a strong desire to own money, food, valuables, knowledge, treasures and so on.
- In case of debilitated Rahu in the chart, it might create problems with acquiring and saving the money, as the native is hardly able to save before the age of 30-32.
- It also gives the native a tendency to move out and stay away from the family because of the unnecessary arguments with relatives and the members of the family.
- The native might also acquire comprehensive knowledge about different languages, mostly in order to stay connected to high-ranking lineage and historic values.
Rahu in 3rd House-
- The third house is associated with self-expression, siblings, relative, neighbours and native’s immediate environment. Plus, it also signifies Native’s courage, short trips or running errands etc.
- The third house also signifies Gemini sign which is a friendly sign of Rahu which also denotes communication, computer related and technical fields. If Planet Rahu is well aspected here, the native gets benefits through fields related to communication and media.
- A lot of renowned politicians and actors have this position in their natal chart. Presence of Rahu in this house makes the native clever and they know exactly how to use their position in order to make solid earnings.
- Natives are likely to possess solid intuition and psychic abilities. Knowing exactly how to exercise those skills in order to understand the thought process of the other person makes it even better.
Rahu in 4th House-
- The Fourth house represents Native’s childhood, mother, motherly love and nourishment, home, real estate, early childhood and the way they’re likely to treat their family.
- People with this placement are said to be firmly embedded in their family and home culture. They have a strong desire to own home, land and properties.
- Since Rahu represents foreign things, it makes the native move around a lot in their life. It can take the person to even foreign lands because, Rahu aspects the 12th house from here, the house of foreign lands and abroad settlements.
- However, the presence of Rahu in the 4th house may disturb native’s concentration. Native’s peace of mind is mostly lost for one reason or the other.
- Native likes to pay a lot of attention to his home decoration, furnishing and styling and would like to be recognized for that.
Rahu in 5th House-
- It’s the house of pleasures. This house represents how the native likes to express himself creatively and what they consider as fun. It is also associated with the children, intelligence of a person, the knowledge of politics.
- Presence of planet Rahu in the 5th house wants to achieve creativity, social status and the celebrity realm but mostly in the political sphere. Native loves to take centre stage and are big on things that involve creativity, art and gambling.
- This positioning might disturb native’s relation with his children or father. Nevertheless, it favours adoption.
- With malefic exalted Rahu placed in the fifth house of the native’s horoscope can disturb the native with problems related to his marriage, carrier, finances, reputation, children, health and many other types of problems.
Rahu in 6th House-
- This is the house of conflicts, wars, diseases, enemies. It also indicates the kind of services the native provides for humanity, it describes the way the native is going to be fruitful for the society.
- 6th house is considered as a positive location for Rahu. In here, the native likes to take benefit of the privileges associated with dominance. These people are experts in handling conflicts sensibly, fairly and efficiently.
- Natives with Rahu in their 6th house might have to go through lots of hardships in their life but eventually, get success by providing services to others. However, the enemies might not be able to harm him.
- If Rahu is well aspected here, an abundance of wealth or gains through inheritance is also observed with this placement in one’s birth chart. The native would be quite a courageous and bold person.
Rahu in 7th House-
- 7th house is the house of legal bindings like marriage, business partnership, sexual relationship, laws. It also represents other people, like your public life.
- Presence of Rahu in this house is not considered very auspicious. It makes the native to be surrounded with people who appear to be friendly but aren’t actually trustworthy.
- Native may face trouble in marriage and other partnerships which might result in creating enemies around. These people remain dissatisfied in relationships.
- However, this position might even bring sudden gains to the natives. They might even have profits or losses by being involved in litigation, loans, bankruptcy or divorce.
- The inherent taboo-breaking nature of Rahu makes the native challenge the mainstream ways and methods of partnership and conflict management in society.
Rahu in 8th House-
- The 8th house in Vedic astrology represents marriage, corporate resources and the property or money inherited. It’s also the house of hidden matters like taxes, occult, mysticism, death and rebirth.
- In this house, Rahu deals with secrecy. Its a beneficial placement for the people involved in fields that involve high risk like native working as a detective, intelligence officer, secret investigator etc.
- Knowledge and wealth are the major factors that the native looks for in his/her other half. That’s what attracts them the most. These people also love to deal with the matters that are hidden behind the curtains, risky secrets and confidential information.
- Rahu in the 8th house also brings about a lot of unexpected changes in the native’s life. These changes sometimes affect them negatively.
Rahu in 9th House-
- 9th house is the house of religion, spirituality, house of your teachers, law and the house of the father. It also signifies long journeys like pilgrimage, fortune and luck.
- Rahu in 9th house makes the native an extremist. It indicates native’s inclination towards religious and higher learnings and the presence of Rahu creates an obsession with the things. So, the native is likely to be obsessed with the idea of developing higher wisdom in life.
- Native gets happiness by devoting himself and his energy into mystical and enlightening aspects of life. They are likely to travel foreign lands and pilgrimages as Rahu itself represents foreign things.
- The father of the native may also use their spiritual heights as a source of empowerment and advantage. A badly aspected Rahu in 9th house gives wisdom that is, in some cases faked than earned genuinely.
Rahu in 10th House-
- In Vedic astrology, 10th house is considered as the house that represents career or profession. It shows if the person will achieve fame and grandness in his life. It is also the house father.
- Placement of Planet Rahu in the 10th house of a natal chart is considered quite favourable for the native as it mostly provides good results and makes the native a workaholic personality.
- The native tends to be very hardworking and intelligent with the capability of reaching heights of their career through their strong will and pure dedication. He will be a well- respected and has a prominent personality in his career and society.
- An afflicted Rahu, on the other hand, may give adverse effects to the native with his professional life as it might develop laziness and irregularity at work.
Rahu in 11th House-
- The 11th house is a strong indicator of sudden wealth and gains. It represents prosperity, sudden income and good wealth. This is also the house that depicts one’s social circle.
- From the material point of view, Rahu in the 11th house is an excellent placement. As it gives heavy emphasis on connecting the native with people who share similar interests in social groups and friends.
- Native is blessed with influential, wealthy and powerful friends, he gets great happiness and support from his social connections both materially and emotionally.
- Along with that, the native should have to be cautious and beware of his enemies in the form of friends as there are chances of betrayal and backstabbing through them. Nevertheless, this is a marvellous position for multi-level or network marketers.
Rahu in 12th House-
- It’s the house of secrets, fears, the subconscious mind and isolated places. It also represents liberation and detachments from the materialistic desires of life and indicates native’s strong inclination towards spirituality.
- Under the benefic influence of Planet Rahu in the 12th house, it is likely to provide the native with the benefits from hospital, jail or isolated places like some foreign land.
- However, this positioning mostly gives malefic effects to the native. Expenses are likely to be more than earning an abundance of health-related issues might trouble him.
- This tough placement can encourage the native to choose a religious and spiritual path in order to get free from the harsh reality and it will also incline the native to spend more and more money towards social works and charity.
This analysis here offers just a little portion of the whole picture, to know more you also need to see the positions of other planets in your horoscope.
Each planet has a distinct impact on you, depending on which house and sign they reside in. So as to seek out where they are located in your natal chart, you can use our free Kundli Maker.
Click here to find out how the planet of discipline, justice and hard work – Saturn, affects your life.
If you fancy reading about astrology and want to learn more about how to read a birth chart in order to make predictions. Click here.