What is Pitra Dosh/Pithru Dosham?
Pitra Dosh– In contrast to the misconception of it being the curse from forefathers, Pitra Dosh is actually a karmic debt of the ancestors. It is reflected in the Kundli in a form of malefic planetary combinations and is to be paid by the person having Pitra dosha in his Kundli. To put it simply, Pitra dosh is formed in a person’s horoscope, when his/her ancestors have committed some sin or mistake. So, in exchange for that, the native is held accountable to pay for the wrongdoings of their forefather’s past deeds by going through various punishments.
Presence of Pitra Dosha in one’s horoscope may bring about some inevitable and unexpected hardships in the native’s life. It causes severe ups and downs in one’s lifespan. The native tends to suffer from a lack of mental decisiveness and money.
Signs to identify Pitra Dosh/Pithru Dosham
1. Children falling sick frequently.
2. The couple having problems in conceiving the child, i.e. problem in pregnant.
3. Frequent miscarriages.
4. Only a girl child being conceived recurrently.
5. Quarrels among family members without any valid reason.
6. Hindrances in the person’s educational and career growth.
7. Hinderance in educational and career growth and success.
8. Lagging family growth and constantly facing problems.
9. Physically or mentally handicapped person is more likely to have this affliction.
There is just one reason behind this malefic Dosha in the Kundli. That is, the wrongdoings of the ancestors which further results in certain planetary positions in the Horoscope creating Pithru Dosham.
Causes of Pitra Dosh/Pithru Dosham
a) Here is the list of sins that spawns the malefic effects in a Kundali.
Nobody can get away with their consequences by simply doing prayers and poojas, but facing equivalent situations and troubles that they or their ancestors had inflicted on others.
- Treating someone (human/animal) with cruelty (or) torturing (or) abusing killing humans/animals. Or any kind of living creature on the earth either directly or by indirect involvement.
- Stealing something that is not lawfully yours (or) forcefully taking away (or) pillaging (or) deceiving others by manipulating them through unethical or unlawful manner.
- Accumulation of wealth by wrong means o forcefully taking others possessions or misused their abilities and powers.
- Abusing anyone (humans/animals or any kind of living creature on earth ) physically, mentally or sexually.
- Deliberately spreading rumours (or) making false accusations (or) speaking ill of anyone with the wrong intention (or) speaking on anything with unverified information.
Speaking of bad karma and wrongdoings of the past, Do you know Kaal Sarpa Dosh is one of the most catastrophic astrological prevalences that could affect its natives with numerous misfortunes. The main reason it happens is unhealthy bad Karmas by the involved persons in their past lives. Click here to read more about Kaal Sarp Dosha.
b) Planetary positions responsible for Pithru Dosham
Native’s chart reflects Pitra Dosha by certain planetary positions forming different types of Pitra Dosh or Pithru Dosham.
Planets/Houses that signifies Pitra Dosh
- SUN- represents father/fatherly figures and ancestors
- MOON- represents Mother and Mind
- SATURN- represents debts, sin and difficulties in life
- 9th HOUSE- represents past life, forefathers and
- 2nd HOUSE- represents family, heritage and bloodline
Planetary combinations responsible for Pitra dosh
- A Kundli is considered to be affected by Pitra dosh if, in the horoscope, the 9th house or its lord is either in conjunction with or is aspected by Rahu or Ketu.
- If Sun and/or Jupiter is in the Kundli in conjugation or aspectation of Rahu or Ketu, it gives the effect of Pitra dosh to some extent.
- Sun and Rahu or Sun and Saturn in the first, second, fourth, seventh, ninth and tenth house of the birth chart.
- Rahu is in the ascendant and the lord of the ascendant in sixth, eighth or twelfth house, in that case also Pitra Dosha forms in the horoscope.
- With the effect of the lord of the sixth, eighth or twelfth house aspecting or conjuncting the planets forming that forms Pitra dosha, the native might have to suffer from severe accidents, injuries, eyesight problems and basically complications in life.
Effects of Pitra Dosh/Pithru Dosham
- The native dealing with Pitra dosh has to face several problems related to progeny. Besides, their children are likely to get affected by physical or mental illness.
- People suffering from this Dosh tend to face plenty of issues regarding their marriage. Regardless of all their efforts, they are unable to get married at the right time because of Pitra Dosh.
- Oftentimes the household is surrounded by diseases, due to which the family face plenty of physical, emotional and financial problems.
- Pitra Dosh creates an unfavourable environment in the household. The husband and wife may have disagreements and issues on insignificant matters.
- Natives often remain regularly under debt and despite all their efforts, they are unable to settle the debt.
- Due to the ill effects of Pitra Dosh itself, the family of the native lags in financial growth. And are always surrounded by poverty and inadequacy.
- If a family is suffering from Pitra Dosh, any member of the family is likely to see snake in his/her dreams or the ancestor demanding food or clothes.
The native might lose his reputation in the society or the ill effects of Pitra Dosh could even go to an extent when the native has to serve a long sentence in prison.
- Increased Pitra Dosh in native’s Kundli might bring unnatural death like suicides/accidents/murder and/or continuous loss of lives in a mysterious manner
Book Pitra Dosh Nivaran Puja Here
Remedies of Pitra Dosh/Pithru Dosham
- The native should feed the Brahmins. Donate money and red clothes to them and perform Pitru Tarpan on a Sunday of Sankranti or Amavasya.
- As a remedy for this dosh, the native should arrange for Pitra Dosh Nivaran puja which comprises Tripindi Shradh and Pitra Visarjan.
- The natives should perform the rituals of Shradh with utmost sincerity and faith to remember and pay respect to their forefathers.
- Natives should offer water to his pitras for 15 days during the shradh or on the tithi of their death.
- Apart from this, offering water to Banyan tree and lord Shiva daily further minimizes the negative effects of Pitra Dosh in the Kundli.
Want to know more remedies depending on the planetary position reflected in your horoscope? Click here and Consult the finest astrologers of the country.
The malefic planet that is forming Pitra dosha needs to be detected through the native’s birth chart. As a remedial measure to appease that unfavorable planet in Pitru Paksha, the native should perform a Pitra dosh Nivaran Puja. Download the AstroTalk app and BOOK YOUR PUJA NOW!