Table Of Content
- Best direction for main gate as per Vastu
- Main gate colour as per Vastu
- Best direction for main gate as per Vastu
- Main gate colour as per Vastu
- Vastu for entrance door
- Main door size as per Vastu
- Main door positioning as per Vastu
- Decor for main entrance as per Vastu
- Things to not place at main entrance as per Vastu
- Main door and sunlight
- Main door Vastu for wealth and prosperity
- Doorbell vastu
- Nameplate Vastu
- Main door colour as per Vastu
- Vastu for steps at the main entrance
- Main door facing another door
- Types of doors as per Vastu
- Main door handle as per vastu
- Foyer space
- Main door visibility as per Vastu
- Best material for main door as per Vastu
- Decorating the area around the main door
- Vastu remedies for south-east and south-west entrance
- Lock and keys for main door as per Vastu
As per Vastu, there are two ways for energies to flow in and out of your home. One, through the balcony, and secondly, through the main door of the house. The main door of the house works as a transitional zone between the outer world and our personal world that we call home. In fact, the Vastu for main door becomes more crucial when we consider the fact that the flow of energy is more dominant from the main door, as it is the point of entry for people who bring their own energies to our space.
Vastu for main door is about designing a vastu-friendly entryway to initiate the flow of positive energy into the house. The cosmic flow of energy from the main door is said to block negativity and bring happiness and good luck to the family. On the other hand, incomplete main door vastu hacks invite negative energies that result in health issues, strain in relationships, abysmal career progress, and more.
“Main door is like the main element of the home. The main door is about attracting the right energies. For example, we keep the main door of the house open during festivities such as Diwali or during a pooja or havan only to invite the blessings of God for us. It is a logical thing to do to keep the main door of the house well decorated so that the blessings of God can make their way to our home. However, often the blessings are blocked, especially if any kind of hindrance precludes the flow of energy into the home. These hindrances are what causes Vastu dosha,” says Dinesh Jha, Vastu expert, Astrotalk.
Having said that, to counter the Vastu doshas being caused by the main door, one must consider the below-given vastu guidelines for main door.
Best direction for main gate as per Vastu
Main gate here stands for the main entrance to the property. Main gate doesn’t always take you inside the home and may be located at a distance from the home, especially in the case of independent bungalows.
- The best direction for main gate as per Vastu is the north, north-east, east, or west. These directions are favourable as they allow the flow of positive energies into the house.
- One must strictly avoid constructing the main gate in the south, south-west, north-west, or south-east direction.
- However, if you already have a door in the wrong direction, let’s say the south or south-west, it can be corrected by using a lead metal pyramid and lead helix.
- Having the main gate in the north-west direction is inauspicious and can be corrected by using a brass pyramid and a brass helix.
- Lastly, a gate in the south-east direction of the house or flat can be corrected by using a copper helix.
- As per Vastu for main gate, the entrance door must always open in a clockwise direction.
- Some people consider having multiple gates parallel to each other. As per Vastu, one must avoid having three doors in a row parallel to each other.
Main gate colour as per Vastu
Main gates are usually bulky and painted in dark colour. Here are the best colours for the main gate as per vastu.
- Though rarely chosen, a colourful main door is vastu-compatible.
- Choose soft yellows, wooden hues, or earthy shades to achieve this effect.
- Astrologers suggest people to avoid using bright colours such as red for main doors.
- Never use black colour for painting the main door as darker shades give rise to negative emotions like sadness, arrogance, etc.
Vastu for entrance door: Best direction for main door
The main entrance or main door of the home is what takes one into the living area of the house. The Vastu tips for main door are applicable for flats, apartments, bungalows, and any other kind of house.
- As per Vastu, the north-east is the most auspicious direction for the main door. The north-east direction allows an infusion of immense energy into the house as the direction is exposed to the Sun.
- The second best direction for the main door is the north direction. The north direction, as per Vastu, brings wealth and fortune to the native.
- If neither of the above two directions is available for the construction of the main door, then the east direction can be considered as per Vastu. The east direction, however, must be the last resort.
- Let go of flats that have their main entrance in the south-east direction. However, if there are no options available you can have the main door in this direction, but after considering some remedies.
- Lastly, if there is no other option and you have the entrance in the north direction, ensure that it is the north west entrance direction. The direction brings prosperity to the life of the natives.
|Vastu direction for main door
Main door size as per vastu
As per Vastu, the main door of the home must be bigger than any other door in the house.
Having a bigger main door is an invitation to luck and prosperity. It also safeguards the natives from any unforeseen situations.
The main door of the house must be made of wood and have double units or two parts rather than one single unit. Also, the main door should not make sounds when used.
Main door positioning as per vastu
- As per vastu, the main door should always open at a 90-degree angle.
- There should be no obstacles in the way of the door when you open it.
- The hinges of the main door should be well oiled and there should be no sound coming from the door when you use it.
- As much as possible, avoid having the main door at the corner of the house. The corner of the house must be left empty for a good home vastu.
- There should not be any broken or chipped wood or missing screws on the door. Extra nails must be removed.
- The main door must not be painted in very dark colours. Kayphal, Rohini, Sal and Teak woods must be considered to build the main door, as per Vastu.
Main door decor as per vastu
Everyone wants their home to look nice with the aesthetic touch in interior so why to ignore the main door?
Here are some Vastu tips for main door decor.
- Whatever kind of house you own, it is very important as per Vastu that the main entrance has a nameplate.
- Always use a wooden name plate in front of the main door.
- If the main door of the house is in the northwest direction, then you must use a metal nameplate instead of a wooden one as per Vastu.
- Ideally, the main door must be decorated with religious symbols such as Om, Cross, Swastik, etc. Placing these symbols invites good luck for the native.
- Plants are another Vastu enhancement decor to keep in front of the main door as per vastu. Consider plants such as Money plant, Tulsi, etc. Ignore thorny plants.
- Make sure you have a well-lit main entrance.
- An idol of Ganesha or Lakshmi can be placed at the entrance to attract wealth and luck. Avoid keeping the idols outside the main entrance if you live in a property with major footfall outside your main door.
- You can also place a glass pot with water and flower petals in it outside the main door for good vastu.
- Hang a black-horse shoe or evil eye outside the door to repel negative energies.
- Doormats are another way of keeping off the negative energy from entering the house from the main door.
- The main door of the house should always be made of wood or marble as they are said to absorb the negative energies and only let the positive ones pass through.
- Modern electric bells can be replaced with ancient bells or helix to attract Vastu.
- Though not always possible, considering drawing a rangoli in front of the main door of the house attracts positive vibes for the native.
Things to not place at main entrance as per vastu
- The main door of the house is your first impression, and hence, it needs to be clean.
- Avoid keeping things such as shoe racks, dustbins, or broken things near the main door as this may lead to Vastu dosh.
- Also, avoid placing a mirror in front of the main door as it may reflect back the positive energies entering the house. If you have a glass window in front of the main door, cover it with curtains.
- Some people like to hang paintings in the vicinity of the main door. As per Vastu, the main door must not be exposed to paintings with too much black colour.
- Animal statues, trees without flowers or even fountains and water elements should be avoided near the main door.
- Avoid using red colour lights at the main entrance of the home.
- Don’t hang anything behind the main door of the house for a good home.
Main door and sunlight as per vastu
The north-east is the most auspicious direction for main door as per vastu, as this direction allows ample sunlight to enter the native’s home. A main door that lets in ample sunlight also brings positivity and luck. And although this luxury is mostly not available to flat owners, one constructing an independent bungalow must take note of this Vastu tip.
If it is not possible to have the sunlight fall at the main door, then you can use yellow lights in the area, which is a representation of the positive energies of the sunlight. Other than that, using bright lights at the main door is recommended. However, never use red light at the entrance of the house as it is inauspicious as per vastu.
Main door vastu for wealth and prosperity
Wealth and prosperity in life are two things we all crave. Happens, practising Vastu tips for main door can help us attract wealth and prosperity for each and every one in the house.
- To attract wealth, consider keeping a glass pot filled with water and flower petals near the main door of the house.
- As per Vastu, water is a bad conductor of negative energy and thus helps in warding off any kind of buri nazar trying to infiltrate your surroundings.
- Painting Lakshmi Ji’s feet on the main door is also recommended to attract positivity. Doing so attracts wealth and boosts career opportunities.
- Ensure the septic tank is not placed under the main door of the house. Placing the septic tank under the main door will block positivity for the native.
Vastu astrologers suggest natives to go old school when it comes to doorbells to attract positive vastu for home. The electric doorbells must be replaced with simple bells or door knocks made of metal. These not only give a vintage aesthetic to the home, but also attract positivity as they are made of natural elements.
Other than that, Vastu for doorbell recommends that the doorbell must always be placed at a height of five ft or above. Doorbells with harsh, brassy or high sounds should be avoided. If going for an electric bell, opt for one with a soothing and soft sound to enhance the positive energy of the home.
Nameplate and vastu
Every house must have a nameplate for a good home vastu. Placing stylish name plates outside the house is in trend these days, but they are not always vastu-friendly. Here are some vastu tips to consider when placing a nameplate outside the home.
- If the door is in the north or west direction of the house, then the native must use a metal nameplate as per vastu.
- If the door is in any other direction, use a wooden nameplate.
- The nameplate must always be placed on the left side of the door as it is more auspicious.
- The nameplate should be 5 feet or more above the ground.
Main door colour as per Vastu
Doors come in all shapes, sizes, and colours. But as much as the shape of the door is important to attract positive Vastu, the colour of the door has equal significance. The most auspicious colours for the main door as per vastu are given below.
|Main door direction
||Lucky colour for main door
||Silver, orange or pink
||White or wooden colours
||Blue or white
||Silver, orange or pink
||White or Cream
||Cream or yellow
Ensure that you never paint the main door of the house with black colour, as black attracts negativity. Avoid using dark colours on the main door as they are not good for home vastu.
Vastu for steps at the main entrance
As per Vastu, there must be a safe distance between the steps and the main entrance of the house. Also, if you have steps at the entrance, the number of steps also decides favourable or unfavourable home vastu. As per vastu, having an odd number of steps at the entrance is believed to bring good fortune.
Drawing Maa Lakshmi's feet on the steps also brings good luck to the native.
Main door facing another door
The one’s investing in flats or apartments don’t have much choice when it comes to deciding the location of the door. However, if building an independent house, make sure that the main door of your house is not directly parallel to the main door of any other house. In fact, even the shadow of someone else’s door shouldn’t fall on your door, as per Vastu.
Types of doors as per Vastu
Aesthetically designed doors are in trend these days. In fact, they not only look good but come with features that make life easier for the one using them. Using such doors is not barred in Vastu, but there are some things to note when choosing the design for doors for it to be vastu friendly.
- Vastu bars natives from using the slide door as the main entrance door. Such doors hinder the progress of the native and bring vastu dosh.
- Shape of the door also matters. The native must avoid using a door that is circular in shape.
- The natives must stick to rectangular shaped doors. Carvings can be done to add aesthetics to the door.
Main door handle as per vastu
Main door handles too come in all kinds of designs these days. As per astrologers, using antique door handles or knobs must be preferred for all good reasons.
- For the main door facing the south direction, brass handles with wooden doors are an ideal choice as per vastu.
- If the home is west facing, one needs to use metal door handles.
- For the home entrance facing east, use door handles with a combination of wood and metal.
- If your house faces the north direction, use handles made of silver for luck enhancement.
The foyer is also important, as per Vastu. Astrologers suggest that the foyer space must be well-decorated. Foyer is basically a wider space right after the narrow passage through the main door. Mostly, this space works as a drawing room, and decorating it leads to good vastu.
Main door visibility as per Vastu
Vastu says that one’s house must be easily identifiable. In fact, the door of the house must be constructed and decorated in such a way that it is easily visible and identifiable. Here are some Vastu tips to give your house an identity:Adding your name or home number is one way to make people easily identify your home.
- A name plate that stands out in terms of look is another way to ensure the main door of your home stands out.
- Big doors bring more energy to the home, as per Vastu. Hence try to have big doors as the entrance.
- Nevertheless, even if devoid of space, make sure that the main door is seven ft in height with a width of at least three ft.
- As the owner of the house, you must not use the back door.
Best material for main door as per Vastu
The texture and taste of the main door change as per the direction of the main door. While wooden doors are most preferred for home entrance, in some directions, metal doors can also be used.
- The best material for doors is wood. Wooden doors can be used in any direction as they are overall auspicious.
- However, if the main door is located in the southern direction of the house, in such a case, the door can be made of a combination of metal and wood.
- A metal door can be considered if you have the main door in the west direction of the home.
- A door in the east direction must majorly be made of wood and decorated with limited metal accessories adorning it.
Decorating the area around the main door
Cleanliness around the main door is one way to enhance its positivity. However, good Vastu is not just the result of cleanliness around the main door, but also things placed in front of the door.
Here are some Vastu tips for the area around the main door:
- The first thing to do to uplift the positivity around the main door is to place a lovely yellow light at the entrance.
- As per Vastu, it is auspicious to place the image of the Kuldevta (family deity) on or around the main door.
- Ancient architecture involved the placement of mythological guards at the entrance. One can have such carved images at the entrance too.
- Shanka and Padmanidhi (Kubera), giving coins, Lakshmi seated on a lotus with elephants, Dhatri (dwarfish nurse), cow with calf, birds like parrots, peacocks or images of swans, are beneficial, if used on doors.
- As we have mentioned above, decorating the main door with religious symbols like the Swastika, Om, etc. also invites good luck.
- If you have enough space outside the house, decorate it with yellow lights and plants.
Curing vastu defects for south-east and south-west entrance
As we have mentioned above, the south, south-east and south-west are the most inauspicious directions for the construction of the main door. Main door in these directions is considered a Vastu flaw and leads to Vastu dosh. These doshas inflict problems such as slow growth in career, love life problems and more. Here are some Vastu tips to counter defects arising from the main door in the wrong direction.
- A remedy for vastu dosh arising from having the main door in the south-east entrance of the home is to hang red or brown curtains facing the south-east entrance of the house.
- The negative effects of the south-east direction can also be removed by placing nine red carnelian gemstones at the gate facing the south-east entrance of the home.
- Placing a vastu pyramid at the top of the centre of the main door and the other two pyramids on either side of the door helps in fighting vastu defects arising from having the main door in the wrong direction.
- The bad effects of the main door in the south-west direction can be rectified by placing Om, Trishul, and Swastik symbols or stickers on the door.
- Keep plants and wind chimes at the entrance of the home to fight the ill effects of Vastu dosh.
- Another remedy is to paint Gayatri mantra on the main door.
- Place a Panchmukhi Hanumanji (standing posture) with gada in the left hand on the centre top of the main door.
Other main door vastu defects
- If the main door opens in the anti-clockwise direction, it is a Vastu defect. To rectify this defect, place three copper pyramid clockwise arrows at the entrance.
- The main door of the house must not face the other doors in the house. If it is the case, you can rectify the dosh by drawing a Swastika with red kumkum on the main door.
- If the main entrance of the flat is facing the kitchen, then this vastu dosh can be rectified by placing a crystal ball between the main door and the kitchen.
Lock and keys for main door as per Vastu
As the main door of the house attracts energies, being on the positive side of the good vastu sounds sensible. For a positive home Vastu, locks and keys of the main door must function smoothly just like the door hinges.
- If the main door faces the east direction, use locks made of copper for good home vastu.
- Use iron locks on the main door if the house is west facing. This direction is dedicated to Shanidev.
- For north-facing doors, use locks made of brass for positive vastu and growth.
- If the main door is in the south, opt for a lock made of five metals that is ‘panch dhatu’.
- Rusted locks and keys must be immediately discarded.
- To balance the energies of metal, the key chain you use must be made of wood as per Vastu.
- However, don’t go too wild with the key chain designs. Avoid using keychains with skulls, pistols, knives, scissors, etc. shapes.
- A good keychain as per Vastu would be one carved in elephant, flower, tortoise, etc. shapes.
- Don’t use God's idols as keychains as you certainly carry keychains to all kinds of places, including ones that aren’t auspicious for God.
- The best place for a key holder is the master bedroom ideally in the north or the east corner of the room.
- The keys to the main door must always find themselves in a key stand for positive home vastu. Don’t keep keys on the dining table, shoe rack, etc.
To get more vastu tips for the main door, you can talk to our astrologers.